Curaçao recently had the honor of hosting an Incentive Conference Experience (ICE) for buyers from the Southeast USA chapter of the Society of Incentive Travel Executives (SITE). This event was organized by the ECO Destination Management Services (ECO DMS) of Aruba and Curaçao and it comprised a 3-day experience in which 15 SITE buyers received a tour of our beautiful island and stayed at Dreams Curaçao Resort Spa & Casino.
Business leaders are constantly seeking creative ways to unlock human potential and one of the most powerful tools at their disposal to do this is the motivational experience — including travel and events. For four decades, SITE has been a global organization that has been dedicated to linking professionals in the travel and motivational events industry with business leaders who seek improved performance through these experiences. Their main objective is incentive travel education, networking, and information for incentive travel professionals.
The SITE buyers who visited Curaçao are from the US states of Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Kentucky. Their airline tickets were provided by Curaçao Tourism Board (CTB) and several Curaçao establishments contributed generously to the VIP itinerary prepared for the buyers. This included fun transfers from the airport to their hotel in vintage cars.
The itinerary further included:
– Corendon, soon to be Curio by Hilton, gave the group a warm welcome, and a day at the beach and pool, with music by a local Saxophonist. Director of Sales, Mauricio Almonacid, presented the resort’s Farm to Table concept, at a delicious lunch, and reviewed the resort’s sustainable practices.
– Dreams Hotel, as the group’s host hotel, received attendees with a Flash Mob dance, cool local drinks, and an overview of the hotel facilities and amenities, right before the welcome reception.
– On the group’s second day, the health and wellness theme was highlighted at a Yoga session with Maura Zhang, of the Curaçao Tourist Board.
– A well-planned and executed Walking Experience followed, as ECO DMS understood the value of a truly authentic experience. It took place in picturesque Punda, in downtown Willemstad. Attendees snapped pictures with colorful murals by local artists, sipped iced coconuts at the Floating Market, and appreciated some time to shop. Among the day’s highlights, the visit to the Jewish Synagogue, Mikve Israel-Emanuel, a popular tourist attraction.
– Renaissance Curaçao Resort & Casino stepped up to the plate, and showcased its cocktails with locally made Blue Curaçao Liquor, at the historic Rif Fort. Lunch on the beach was followed by massages at the spa and some unstructured beach time, which the group welcomed after the exhilarating walking experience.
Sustainability, according to ECO DMS and its entire Curaçao team, protects our ecosystem, preserves natural resources, and improves the quality of our lives for future generations. SITE’s initiative is lauded by them, and its mission is supported. “We were delighted to collaborate with the SITE Southeast chapter, and to increase our commitment to Curaçao as a sustainable destination for our future clients,” says Wichita Villacres, president of ECO DMS Aruba/Curaçao, on behalf of her colleagues. Villacres also thanked her staff for their efforts in carrying out the complex program with great deftness.
Many thank-you emails were received by ECO DMS, management, and team members after the trip, expressing gratitude for the authentic educational experience.